Misson Statement and Core Values
Our mission is to partner with the local church to make and mature passionate followers of Christ.
In the process of defining who we are, 6 Core Values have been established to guide everything we do at Camp Gideon, from activities to chapels to off season hosting:
• His mission and His call to follow Him in His mission are not only the reason Camp Gideon exists, but the purpose behind everything that is done at Camp Gideon.
• Matthew 28:18-20; John 1:1-5, 1:14, 3:16-17; Philippians 2:5-11; Colossians 1:15-18
• In an increasingly urban and tech driven world, bringing people back into God’s creation not only gives them the chance to do, learn, and experience new things, but it reveals God to them in a special way. Camp Gideon is a place where such revelations and connections are possible.
• Genesis 1:1, 2:15; Exodus 3 – 4:17, 19:3; Psalms 8:3-4; 19:1, 34:6-9; Isaiah 40:26; Luke 5:16; John 1:3; Romans 1:20, 8:18-22
• As a ministry of the Eastern Region of the Evangelical Friends Church, we hold to the beliefs and practices of the EFC-ER, but we serve the Church, the body of Christ, and those outside it. Just like the body of Christ has different parts, Camp Gideon also has a specific function, of which is further described in these Core Values.
• John 13:12-17; Romans 12:3-4, 15:5-6; 1 Corinthians 12:12-27; Ephesians 2:20-22, 4:16
• Much of ministry is tied to relationships, and Camp Gideon is continually being built to be a culture and community of relationships with our neighbors, our Church, and any that we minister to.
• Matthew 5:13-16; John 4:21-24; Acts 2:42-47
• Camp Gideon is a place where people are to be challenged and encouraged to grow spiritually, physically, mentally, and emotionally, and it should always be a safe place for people to do so.
• Proverbs 27:17; Jeremiah 29:11-13; Matthew 4; John 16:33; 2 Corinthians 4:7-10, 12:9-10, James 1:2-4
Cultivation of Leadership
• Camp Gideon is a place where leaders are trained for life and for service in the Church.
• 1 Samuel 16:7; Proverbs 22:6; Luke 2:40, 9:23-24; Ephesians 4:1-3; 4:11-15; Hebrews 11:8-10